"I'm" is just an emergence
Damiano Fina is a Performing Artist. Since 2004, his research has been influenced by Animism, ancient rituals in the Classical Greece, Dogen's Zen and Butoh Dance. In 2015 he founded FÜYA, a method focused on the body’s presences. His work explores the illusory contradiction between equilibrium and disequilibrium; in this field of research he has been introducing Queer Pedagogy.
"Maybe one day we will stop calling everything with the right name." DF
"The skin is a spread frame, all our organism is made for connection. Conflict is harmony at the same time in this relationship. Rhythm includes silence and sound, notes and noise, order and chaos, good and evil, masculine and feminine, life and death. This is my androgenic obsession. Performing this rhythm is presence writing”.
The presence of the body (with all the entangled presences around it) is the mutual core of Damiano Fina's works constellation: “Art is worship to the universe. Our organs are always connected with the world, like tentacles. I want to light up the fact that we have to sense our nature. Stop this adolescent time that reveres dualism. Our heart is our brain, our hands are our stomach, our genitals are our posture and our medulla is a tree, a cloud, a street, a pixel or a cow too. There is no parthenogenesis without entirety”.
Damiano Fina is founder of FÜYA, a method based on the equilibrium of the organism and the theory of the five bodies (physical, emotional, spiritual, remote and alchemical). He writes books about his philosophy and his method. He holds a Master Degree in Pedagogy of Expression and he guides regular workshops. He studied butoh dance with Atsushi Takenouchi and he met Yoshito Ohno, Kazuo Ohno's son. He performed in London in the art exhibition I am NOT tino sehgal curated by Francesco Bonami, at the Hokkaido Butoh Festival in Sapporo, Japan and at the En Chair Et En Son Festival in Paris.
In 2017 he connected Queer Theory and Butoh Dance in Queer Pedagogy, publishing the book “The dance of Eros and Thanatos for a Queer Pedagogy”. Since 2017 he has been studying the entanglement between Quantum Physics, Queer Theory, Butoh Dance and FÜYA method.
- Radiance, En Chair Et En Son Festival Acousmatic and Butoh Festival, Paris, France, 2018
- Poison Moon, Hokkaido Butoh Festival, Sapporo, Japan, 2018
- The Presage of The Phoenix, performance, Teatro Civico, Schio, 2017
- Wildflower Chant, performance, Villa Thiene, Vicenza, 2017
- The Chant, LaMama Open Programme, Spoleto Festival, 2017
- I am NOT tino sehgal, a concept by Francesco Bonami, Nahmad Projects Gallery, London, 2016
- The Presage, public performance, Loggia del Capitaniato, Vicenza, 2016
- Riserve Urbane, public art and site specific exhibition, Marostica (VI), 2016
- Artefatto It’s Me, collective exhibition, Trieste, 2016
- IX Film Festival Alto Vicentino, Santorso (VI), 2015
- Oggi è tutto molto strano, collective exhibition, CACC Cittadella (PD), 2015
- Persona, contemporary art exhibition, Burano (VE), 2015
- Rebirth, artist in residence exhibition, Chão da Vã, Portugal, 2014
- Physical Body
- Emotional Body
- Spiritual Body
- Remote Body
- Alchemical Body
Art actions inspired by Butoh Dance and Performance Art.
- Performance in nature
- Performance in theatre
- Performance for art galleries
- Street incursions
Philosophic research towards the human body expressions.
- Butoh Dance
- Queer Theory and Gender Studies
- Queer Pedagogy
- Pedagogy of Expression