Art is worship of universe
Damiano Fina is an Italian artist. Since 2004, his research has been influenced by Animism, ancient rituals in the Classical Greece, Dogen's Zen and Butoh Dance. In 2015 he founded FÜYA, a method focused on the body’s presences. His work explores the illusory contradiction between equilibrium and disequilibrium; in this field of research he has been introducing Queer Pedagogy. In 2018 he published the book “The Dance of Eros and Thanatos for a Queer Pedagogy”.
"The skin is a spread frame, all our organism is made for connection. Conflict is harmony at the same time in this relationship. Rhythm includes silence and sound, notes and noise, order and chaos, good and evil, masculine and feminine, life and death. This is my androgenic obsession. Performing this rhythm is presence writing”.
Damiano Fina releases a serie of performances starting from the Greek term “αἴσθησις” and the Vedas term “tapas”. The presence of the artist is the mutual core of his works constellation -and we are all artists-: “Art is worship of the universe. Our organs are always connected with the world, like tentacles. I want to light up the fact that we have to sense our nature. Stop this adolescent time that reveres dualism. Our heart is our brain, our hands are our stomach, our genitals are our posture and our medulla is a tree, a cloud, a street, a pixel or a cow too. There is no parthenogenesis without entirety”.
Damiano Fina is founder of FÜYA, a method based on the equilibrium of the organism and the theory of the five bodies (physical, emotional, spiritual, remote and alchemical). He writes books about his philosophy and his method. He guides regular workshops.
In 2017 he connected Queer Theory and Butoh Dance in Queer Pedagogy. In 2018 he published the book "The dance of Eros and Thanatos for a Queer Pedagogy".
- The Presage of The Phoenix, Teatro Civico, Schio, 2017 (produced)
- Wildflower Chant, Villa Thiene, Vicenza, 2017 (produced)
- The Chant, LaMama Open, Spoleto Festival, 2017 (invited)
- I am NOT tino sehgal, a concept by Francesco Bonami, Nahmad Projects Gallery, London, 2016 (selected)
- The Presage, Loggia del Capitaniato, Vicenza, 2016 (produced)
- Riserve Urbane, public art and site specific project curated by Silvia Petronici, Marostica (VI), 2016 (selected)
- Artefatto It’s Me, collective exhibition, Trieste, 2016 (selected)
- IX Festival Alto Vicentino, Santorso (VI), 2015 (invited)
- Oggi è tutto molto strano, collective exhibition curated by Massimo Casagrande, CACC Cittadella (PD), 2015 (selected)
- Persona, contemporary art exhibition by Collettivo Persona, curated by Toni Toniato, Burano (VE), 2015 (invited)
- Rebirth, exhibition curated by Penzo+Fiore, Chão da Vã (Portugal), 2014 (selected)
- Physical Body /Corpo Fisico
- Emotional Body /Corpo Emotivo
- Spiritual Body /Corpo Spirituale
- Remote Body /Corpo Remoto
- Alchemical Body /Corpo Alchemico
Art actions inspired by Butoh Dance and Performance Art.
- Performance in nature
- Performance in theatre
- Performance for art galleries
- Street incursions
Philosophic research towards the human body expressions.
- Butoh Dance
- Queer Theory and Gender Studies
- Queer Pedagogy
- Pedagogy of Expression